I needed a sympathy card a little bit ago for a sentiment, and went to this wood-mounted set from Stampin' Up! While I had it out, I decided to use the images from it, also. I used markers to color the images and then "huffed" on them before stamping. I added some tiny stickers to the flower centers. The background is shimmery cardstock that I embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.
This one is softer, because I didn't re-color the image. I just breathed on it again and there was enough ink left for this card. This one has a slight texture to the matting layer.
The other image in this set - done the same way. I embossed the background with a Cuttlebug/Anna Griffin embossed folder. I have SO SO many wood-mounted Stampin' Up! sets and I don't want to get rid of most of them. I would sell them if I could, but they are even hard to GIVE away! LOL!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!



These are so pretty. I like the soft colors for sympathy cards and the images are perfect.
ReplyDeleteI have always thought this was the prettiest SU set, and all three of your cards are absolutely lovely! I have only a small collection of SU wood block sets remaining. I recently went through all of them and separated out and repackaged the sentiments I wanted to keep. It's mostly a space issue for me. My room is small and I'm always bringing in more new stuff!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards, Lynette, perfect designs for sympathy cards.
ReplyDeleteLiz xx