Wednesday, June 10, 2009

SCS Color Challenge - White!

This card is for SplitCoastStampers' Color Challenge #222 - White! Added challenge - one layer.

I stamped the flower with Versamagic inks in Spring Pansy, Aloe Vera, Perfect Plumeria and Spanish Olive, and embossed with clear embossing powder. Then I masked off the top, bottom and left side and sponged with Soft Sky, fading out towards the right. The sympathy sentiment is stamped with Soft Sky, also. I added a pearl to the flower center. It needed more, so I used my Scor-Pal to score lines around the sponging on the left side - full pressure on the left side and then with lessening pressure toward the right side to coordinate with the fading-out sponging.

I’m back from my stamping outing and had a super wonderful time! I will share more about that later – I still have company.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Oh my goodness, I love the way your scored lines fade, SO COOL! Beautiful card all around!

Vicki said...

Very Pretty!

bonnie32002 said...

The faded sponging is perfect...I would have never thought to do the same with the score lines. Great idea!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you and your friends created at your stamp outting!

Beth M said...

Ooh, love this! The fading and the partial scor lines are a beautiful effect.