Monday, July 13, 2009

Another "Two-fer" Day


Two cards today using the same stamp. It was a stampoff from a friend, so I don't even know who makes it. (Edited to add: Sheri informed me the stamp is by Serendipity.)

The first card is done using paper piecing. Sheri (Thanks, Sheri) even sent me the dresses stamped on patterned paper. All I had to do was cut them out! I added a little bit of color with markers. The background paper is really different. It's a kind of home-made-feeling paper, almost like a very heavy mulberry. It was sent to me from Thailand a few years ago. I embossed it with a Sizzix folder, then rubbed a Real Red ink cube over the high areas and edges. The sentiment is from Inkadinkado. I mounted the image and sentiment with Real Red.
For the second card, I colored the dresses with markers and added dots to the one dress and piping to another with a white gel pen. I cut the image and matting out with Nestabilities. I used a Swiss Dots folder on the background. The colors are More Mustard and Old Olive. The sentiment is by Stampendous.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Carolyn King said...

they are both great---i love the different color combinations....it really changes the look so much!

Danni said...

Very nice!

Dawnll said...

I love the vintage feel of these cards.Did you mention what the stamps were?

Teresa said...

Both cards are wonderful. What a sweet image.

Mary said...

Great looking stamp. I love how both of your cards came out.

Mary