Wednesday, June 30, 2010

WHAT IF? Wednesday - a Repeat Impressions Sketch Challenge

Today is WHAT IF? Wednesday - the day you are challenged to create a card with a sketch from Wendy of Repeat Impressions.  You can find the sketch and the details here.  How about joining us? :)  You have two weeks to create your card, upload it, and link it to the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built.  Have fun!  One random participant from the July challenges will win a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions.  Check out what the other Design Team members have done, too!

Here is the sketch.  For my card, I used the Lupine stamp (which is the Stamp of the Week - scroll down just a little bit) and colored it with Stampin' Up! markers.  I cut the image with a Nestability and embossed it.  I left it in the die, and used Barely Banana chalk around the edges to nearly the center. The matting for all pieces is Mellow Moss.  The patterned paper is from Die Cuts With a View.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and is cut with Nestabilities, also.  I added pearls in the corner (per the sketch) and beside the sentiment.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

14 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

This just screamed "soothing colors" to me. Love the design and soft colors!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card!
Kathleen.

joy said...

A very calming card - you have colored this beautifully. (love those tiny pearls)

Sheri said...

That is so pretty. I thought your patterned paper was a ribbon. I love the barely banana inside the nestie.

Whimsey said...

I think this is one my favorite stamps from RI; LOVE your card, so elegant and feminine! Gorgeous!

Suzie said...

Such a lovely card, Lynette. The Lupine stamp is just so very pretty! Thanks so much for sharing!

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautifully done Lynette - I loft the soft colors and CAS approach to this fun sketch!

Ayana Posadas said...

Fabulous!
Great colors and great job with the sketch design! :)

Danni said...

Oh so pretty with just the perfect touches!

Mary said...

Your card is so pretty Lynette. When I can catch my breath I just may try this sketch. :)

Mary

Leigh said...

Lovely card Lynette.

Leslie Miller said...

I like the sketch and the pretty stamp! Such a clean and neat card. Lupine is blooming all over right now -- so pretty!

Unknown said...

What a pretty card, Lynette! I always love how you use white spaces...this one is no exceptions! Beautiful coloring too!

Darsie Bruno said...

I love, love, love the colors in this card! Your color combination is just fabulous and you've match the image so well!