Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Birthday Wishes

After being away for a while and having so much going on, I've gotten a bit behind!  I'm slowly catching up, but I needed a few cards in a hurry.  I did get to make four cards yesterday.  I made this one, one for a sneak peek for Repeat Impressions (check back tomorrow for that one!), and two anniversary cards which I should be able to share with you on Thursday.  (Oh yeah, I got to make a couple cards on Saturday, too - for a special order. :) Then I made a really quick thank you card to include.  If you're reading this, Nancy, you'll see it soon!)


When my friend Harriet was here in June, she brought her My Favorite Things stamps with her.  I did a few stampoffs and I finally used one.  I paper pieced her dress and colored the rest with markers.  The sentiment is from Inkadinkado.  I sponged the edges of the image panel to match the sentiment and mounted the entire panel on Pop Dots.  Very simple, but I like it!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Sheri said...

How cute! No one does simple like you do. Somehow you take it to a whole new level. Wish I had that talent :)

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a cute CAS card!!!! Sheri's right, you know. :)

Suzie said...

So sweet, Lynette!!

Cheryl W. said...

This card is so simple, yet so adorable! Wish I had that stamp! :) Guess I need to purchase it soon. Thanks for sharing this card.

Danni said...

What a cutie pie card! Wonderful job!

Christina said...

That's a wonderfull card Lynette! Really lovely!
Hugs Kristel

Shoshi said...

That's a sweet card, Lynette! I love the balloon and the little girl is so cute!

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog!

Mary said...

This stamp is so darn cute. I love that you paper pieced aher litte dress. Your card is adorable Lynette. It sounds like you have been very busy making cards.

Mary

Harriet Skelly said...

This is so adorable Lynette _ your paper piecing is awesome and as always a lovely CAS layout!

Leslie Miller said...

This is darling, Lynette! I can't believe how much stamping you did in such a short amount of time. Sounds like something that would take me most of the month!