Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Bold and Bright #2

Here is card #2 made with the Stampin' Up! set called "Bold & Bright." The picture doesn't do it justice, although it's not a great card anyway:) Feels good to be stamping again, though, even if it won't last long.

I stamped the image on a yellowish/cream vellum with Versamark and used black embossing powder. I colored on the back with miscellaneous markers. I stamped the sentiment (from Papertrey Ink) on a scrap of vellum to check out the placement, and again I liked the layered vellum, so I just used it. I stamped it with black and used black embossing powder. Then I punched a couple balloons using the same vellum and a Martha Stewart punch, attached them and added the "strings." When I attach vellum, I always use Duck Tape brand double sided adhesive. It really is pretty "invisible."

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

There's a cheerful birthday card! Colorful and cute! Thanks for the tip on the vellum adhesive. I have never found anything that's not noticeable, but maybe I'll try to find some of this. I might use more vellum if I had better adhesive for it.

Mary said...

Your card is very pretty Lynette. I will be making a tiny envelope using vellum and was wondering what to use to adhere it together. Thanks for the tip. :)

Mary