I haven't spent much time in my stamping room lately. And the time I have spent in here has mostly been spent sitting and looking around at my stuff, taking out some things and playing with them, and then leaving a bigger mess than when I came in. No motivation or creative energy at all. There's been a "bug" going around our family the past couple of weeks and it caught me on Wednesday. That hasn't helped at all:( However, I finally got a little energy back yesterday and I spent some time putting things in order. And today I finally finished a card. It felt good!
I die-cut this background piece when I was in Des Moines last month. Since it looks like honeycomb, I was thinking "bees" and yellow and black. The first step was putting yellow textured cardstock behind the die-cut and then matting with black. Then I went to look for my bee stamps, but I had tried selling most of my Stampin' Up! sets at a garage sale a few weeks ago (not much success) and they were all out of order, so I had to sort them out. (I had also packaged up about a hundred of my finished cards and brought those to the garage sale, so I had the left-overs sitting on my table. I needed to sort those out, too, and put them back in the boxes.) Anyway, I came across this set called "Bees 'N Blossoms." That one works. I stamped the flower image on a scrap, colored with markers, and cut it out with a Memory Box Stitched Rectangle die. I mounted it on fun foam. It took me a while to figure out the "right" layout and I finally arrived at this one. The sentiment is from the same set. I added a touch of Star Dust Stickles to the bees.
I hope everyone is having a nice Independence Day weekend. Ours will be very quiet, due to just getting over our sickness. I think we will spend part of Monday with our son and his family.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!