Friday, October 17, 2008

From the Archives: "Embossed Anniversary"

Another card from a while ago. (I’m choosing them from my SplitCoastStampers gallery, since I won’t be stamping again until the end of next week.)

The description from SCS: “This is a card I made for my nephew and his wife for their 6th wedding anniversary. I used an Anna Griffin brass stencil for the border, cutting out the middle of the embossed image. (I "cheated" and used my BIGkick to do the embossing. I don't know what I was thinking, buying a brass stencil with this much detail pre-Cuttlebug days!!) I used detail gold embossing powder on the sentiment, which was stamped with Versamark. The card base is black textured.The heart and the ribbon were given to me by friends - aren't friends wonderful??”

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

mnhyrkas said...

It's beautiful! I love how you weaved the ribbon amongst the layers.

Anne said...

FRIENDS sure are... Actually had a day that I could've spent chatting with you... miss you!

I recognized the ribbon on your lovely card!

L & H,
-A.