Wednesday, October 1, 2008

SCS Color Challenge

Finally, another post! Life is kind of getting in the way of stamping – LOL! But the positive side of that is that we’ve been getting to visit with a lot of family, and our “new and greatly improved” computer/TV room is coming along VERY nicely. I’m so excited and can’t wait to move everything back in and organize it. Sure is nice to have the computer back, too.

I had a chance to make this card yesterday morning, but hadn’t gotten a chance to upload it til today. And I have to do it quickly, because I’m off again in an hour to visit my mom and dad for the day. The card is for
this week’s Color Challenge on SplitCoastStampers. The challenge colors are Chocolate Chip, Really Rust and Baja Breeze. I started by taking a piece of scrap paper and tore an edge. I put this scrap on a piece of cardstock and brayered Chocolate Chip on the bottom, then brayered Really Rust up to the torn edge. Then I took the other edge of the torn piece, put it over what I had already brayered, and brayered Baja Breeze starting at the top and working my way down. I choose to make the bottom smoothly brayered, and the Baja Breeze more “streaky” since it was all one color. The flower silhouette stamp is from Rubbernecker – The Jeanne Streiff Collection - and is stamped in Chocolate Chip. The “Happy Anniversary” is also stamped in Chocolate Chip and is a Northwoods cube stamp. I sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip, and then mounted the image on Really Rust, Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze. The right edge is stamped with a stamp from Stampin’ Up! Perfect Plaids, then scored on each side of the stripes. I punched a hole to thread the ribbon through, so there was more of it visible but didn’t cover up the image.

I hope to be doing a little more stamping soon, but organizing my new computer room has to come first. AND, we’ll be grandparents real soon, so there is a trip to Chicago in our not-too-distant future – how exciting!!! I do believe that will mean an extended stay for me, too.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hey Lynette -- just popping in to say hello! I am online instead of cooking. Hope your work at home is going well. Take care -- Julie

Anonymous said...

Beautifully brayered card Lynette! I love these colors too!

Jeanette - said...

Beautiful card Lynette! Your brayering is wonderful!