Friday, November 7, 2008

"Clean and Simple" Christmas

Today’s card is definitely a 'Clean and Simple' card.

I'm trying to use up some items that I've had for a while, hence the sticker on this card. I can't tell you who makes the beautiful gold sticker, or even where I got it, but I have a whole sheet of trees, snowflakes and a couple reindeer to use to adorn cards and tags. I used my trusty Cuttlebug Snowflake folder and my Scor-Pal. And I sponged a little Bordering Blue around the edges and also very lightly across the embossing. The “Merry Christmas” stamp is made by Rubber Stampede and is embossed with gold embossing powder.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!


Edited to add: Thanks for your comment, Vicki! I emboss one side of the cardstock, and then emboss the other. I know some people have gotten an extra folder and cut it in pieces, but I have not done that.

5 comments:

Carolyn King said...

Very elegant and beautiful!!! Great card! Just perfect.

Julie said...

Again, clean + simple = gorgeous! I really love this card and your use of that embossing folder is just inspired. I love that folder.

Anonymous said...

Lynette -- another beautiful card! Stupid question though -- do you cut your cuttlebug folder or do you emboss one side of the paper and then the other?
Vicki
vdoyle8@aol.com

Melanie said...

Simple elegance! This is a stunning card! Awesome work Lynette! :)

Jeanette - said...

Oh the peacefulness that this card evokes! It's beautiful! Lynette your cuttlebug and scoring details are just fabulous!!!