Another “card parts” card today.
A couple weeks ago when I was cleaning up my stamping room – again! – I came across this already-made “Happy Mother’s Day” panel. I left it out to force myself to use it. I have a couple boxes of card parts that I fully intend to use, but I thought as a start I would use the ones that were already on my table. This was done with a Dreamweavers stencil and white embossing paste. (They are both available from Vicki. The links to her store are in the right-side column.) The panel was even already mounted on the white cardstock, so this was a pretty quick card! I chose the background paper from the Summer Matstack from Die Cuts With a View. After trimming it to fit the card front, I ended up with a single row of dots. I couldn’t just toss that perfect little piece, so I mounted it on a thin strip of white and used it instead of ribbon. The flowers are Primas. On one of my trips to Michael’s a couple weeks ago, I decided to check the jewelry/beading area – and found some clearance items. What could be better! The flower centers are called “studs.” I have no idea what their purpose really is, but I thought they would work wonderfully in place of brads – no prongs to have to deal with. After I got home, I realized they were different sizes and designs – even better! I used glue dots to stick them to the flowers and also to adhere the flowers to the card.
On a side note, my stamping area is still clean after almost two weeks! That is a record for me, for sure. Usually things don’t get put away until I have absolutely no room to work any more, but I thought I’d try something different for a change.
Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!