Sunday, February 8, 2009

PTI Sketch Challenge

Today’s card I made yesterday for Papertrey Ink’s Sketch Challenge. (It’s closed now, too. Today's challenge is to guess how many buttons - yes, they have their own buttons now! - are in the jar.)

I used a long rectangle Nestability to cut the vertical panel and mat. I stamped the flowers with Papertrey Ink’s stamp set “Beautiful Blooms” using Stampin’ Up!’s Pink Pirouette, Cameo Coral and Old Olive. The stems were hand-drawn with an Old Olive marker. I used a Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss folder on both panels. The cardstock is from Papertrey – Sweet Blush and Berry Sorbet, and the ribbon is also from PTI – Berry Sorbet. I had the card all done except for the sentiment. When I stamped it directly on the card front, I got lines from the edges of the stamp. Drat! That’s why it’s stamped on white. I rubbed a little Cameo Coral on the edges. Looks like that’s the way it’s supposed to be, doesn’t it?

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

PS. I had pre-posted and forgot to add the picture! So, I deleted the post and added it again, so those of you that get this in an email will get the picture, too. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Love the soft colors and the way you ran the flower layer through the CB.

Mary said...

Your card is so soft looking. I love that you sued both the embossing folders and the nestabilties together. You certainly do know how to use what you have.

Mary

Barbara said...

What can I say? I just love your cards!! Beautiful!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Simply stunning.....

deb said...

That flower is just awesome! I love it! SU? very pretty cards, as usual, classy all the way!
hugz