Monday, January 11, 2010

How I Spent My Birthday







OK. Today is the day I share what we did for my birthday. No, Mary – I didn’t get a new stamping room! LOL! Our son and daughter-in-law came over and we worked on a jigsaw puzzle. Then we all STAMPED!!! And then they made chicken enchiladas for dinner and we watched the Vikings football game. It was an awesome day.

Here are a couple pictures of them deep in thought and hard at work, along with the finished projects. My son made a “Happy First Card to Me” card. My husband made a Mother’s Day card for his mom. My daughter-in-law actually got several cards done, but I didn’t get a picture of them – so sorry! I managed to get one card done (I took the colored image from my “card parts” pile – thanks so much Annie for the cute image!) so I’ll share that one, too. My husband and son both made cards with something on the inside that popped up. So clever they are. If you have any questions on what was used for any of the cards, please let me know and I’ll answer them. (On my son's card - he stamped the sentiment (to himself!) and then hand-wrote the two smaller ones. I think he did that fabulously! My husband used Prismacolor pencils and added Diamond Glaze on top of the flowers.)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

It looks like you had a great time on your birthday. I really like the card Jim made for his mother. The outside was really pretty and the inside was very clever for a first timer. You have a creative family! :) I do not believe I could get Gary to even try.

Chookarooni said...

What a great way to spend a birthday - stamping with your loved ones - can't think of a better way to celebrate!!!!
Happy belated Birthday Lynette!

Anonymous said...

What a creative family!! Loved Jim's cards (I remember Ray's first, had cut outs from Cereal boxes, and some washers etc.....daughter has it in our family history book....) but what a fun birthday!!
What did you use for snow on the santa bear? Awesome coloring as usual!
Thanks for sharing!
Annie

Suzie said...

What a great way to spend your birthday, Lynette! The pictures are great!

Hugs,
Suzie

Leigh said...

Happy birthday Lynette. I'm so pleased you had a wonderful family day.

Julie said...

Oh my goodness, this is one entertaining post! This sounds like such a wonderful day, and I think I might like to come over and stamp with your family too -- it all looks like SO much fun! I'm so happy that you had such a great day for your birthday. It sounds just perfect!

supershoppertoo said...

I just popped in because I loooove your card designs, I actually just discovered ur blog last week. I was surprised by ur post and it warmed my heart. I just goes to show what's really important in life is not what u bought or how much u spend, just the time u spend making memories with the ones u love. I think got more inspiration than I was looking for today. Thank you so much for sharing!
Aja

Sheri said...

How fun! What a great birthday!

Mary said...

Well the way that you and yuour family spent the day together was way better then a new craft room any day!!! :) Both your son and husband are very creative. I loved both cards. What a wonderful son you have and your husband is awesome! I am so happy that you had a wonderful birthday Lynette. Oh and I loved your Christmas card.

Mary

Teresa said...

What a perfect way to spend your birthday. I am a vikings fan too and we are going up to the playoff game this week end. Go Vikes!