Sunday, January 31, 2010

2RedBananas Banana Split Sunday Challenge - Hearts

This card is for today's 2RedBananas' Banana Split Sunday challenge.  The challenge today is an inspiration challenge, and the inspiration is Hearts.  This time of year I guess that should mean valentines:)  However, I wanted to do something other than a valentine.  Won't you join us?  Please link your card to the 2RedBananas blog with Mr. Linky.

The set I used for this card is called "Wrapped In His Love."  I stamped the image with copper ink and embossed it with glittery copper embossing powder.  I had to take the picture at night, so I apologize for the quality of it.  I colored the ribbon with one of my three Copic markers:)  I cut and embossed the image with a rectangle Nestability and matted it on black.  The sentiment is stamped with Versafine black ink and embossed with black detail embossing powder.  I embossed the background, which is shimmery copper paper, with a Fiskars texture plate.  That layer is also matted with black.  The image layer is mounted on Pop Dots for a little more dimension.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Neat card. I never thought of that ribbon as a heart until I saw it on your card. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mary said...

I love embossed cards.Yours are always wonderful and this one is no exception.

Mary

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Nice use of a heart "outside the box". It's a beautiful design and the sentiment is very nice.