Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Repeat Impressions WHAT IF? Wednesday


It's another Wednesday, and by now you know what that means - a new challenge from Repeat Impressions.  This week it's our WHAT IF? Wednesday challenge.  Wendy cooks up a sketch and we follow it.  Then we ask YOU to play along! Here is this week's sketch:
You can find all the necessary details on the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built.  You can also see the creations of the other Rock Stars.  Or, you can follow these links. You have almost two weeks to get your entry in.  One random participant will be chosen to receive a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate.
Ayana ~ Dana ~ Darsie ~ Harriet ~Joy ~ Maki ~ Michele ~ Robin

For my card, I used 2423-L, Under the Sea.  i colored it with Stampin' Up! markers and cut it with Nestabilities.  Before removing from the die, I sponged with Tempting Turquoise ink.  After coloring and sponging, I inked up the whole thing with a Versamark pad and embossed with Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder.  Then I embossed twice with thick embossing powder.  I double matted with turquoise and black.  The turquoise strip is embossed with a Fiskars texture plate and also matted with black.  I also added my Dew Drops.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

You have until Tuesday to participate in the RI CASE challenge.  You can find those details here.  The card to case this time is by me:)  The winner of that challenge wins an entire sheet of unmounted rubber!

Have you heard?  Repeat Impressions is looking for a new Rock Star/Design Team member!  If you are interested, you can find the details in this post.  Why not go for it???

Also, a reply to my "anonymous" poster's comment about this post: 1) The embossing folder used on the first card is by Sizzix.  2) The only stamping on the third card is the sentiment.  All of the other images are on the cardstock:)  The matstack is from a Die Cuts With a View - The Green Stack.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

13 comments:

Suzie said...

Oh, wow! This is AMAZING, Lynette! Hugs, Suzie

Sheri said...

Great card. Tons of detail and things to keep your eyes busy

joy said...

This is great! I love the dimension you have created with the thick embossing powder!

Whimsey said...

OK, coolest image EVAH - love the embossing powder over the image, absolutely fabulous!!!

Leslie Miller said...

What a cute image, and your details are totally fabulous, Lynette! Wow! Right down to the bubble-like dew drop embellishments!

Mary said...

Lynette, I love everything about this card. The colors, the sparkle embossing powder, the thick embossing powder, the image and the embossing folder that you chose to use. I love the look of the waves. :)

mary

Unknown said...

This is awesome Lynette! I love the stamped image and how you colored it!! I love it!

Barbara said...

OMGosh!! The underwater effect is perfection! Thanks for sharing your technique.

Barb

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a cute stamp and your coloring is great for this design!

Harriet Skelly said...

What a cute card - I love that underwater scene!

Ayana Posadas said...

I love your take on the CASE challenge, Lynette! The underwater scene looks so cute, and I love the way the teal & black look against the white card base. Great color choices!

Dana Joy said...

Fabulous card!!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

FABULOUS job, Lynnette! Love your underwater scene - what a clever idea to emboss it the way you did! Excellent job!