Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Embossed Thanks - and a Last Chance at a Great Prize

This is a card I made using products available from the Creating Everlasting Memories eBay store.  They are closed through today, and will re-open tonight at 12:01 a.m.  (I'm assuming that's PDT, but that's only a guess!)  The embossing folder, the frame die, and the dragonfly die are all from there and are all from Lifestyle Crafts, formerly Quickutz.

I did a simple little pictorial tutorial, which is posted on the CEM blog, Creating Memories In Time.  I brayered ink onto the embossing folder before embossing.  The ink I used is Kiwi Kiss from Stampin’ Up! I also used Kiwi Kiss cardstock for my matting. The sentiment is from Studio G, stamped in Kiwi Kiss. I cut it with a Lifestyles doodle frames die #DT0095. The outer frame is also Kiwi Kiss. I used Dragonfly #KS0615 die to cut the body of the dragonfly from black cardstock and the wings from vellum.

Also, check out this awesome prize package on the CMIT blog.  You have through today to submit an entry.  One person will be the lucky winner of it all!  All you have to do is to make a Mother's Day card (get a head start for next year!), upload it to your blog or on-line gallery, and link it up to the CMIT blog. The linking widget (is that really a widget?  I don't know!) is down the page a little ways.  Last time I checked, there were only about nine entrants, so your chances of winning are very good!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!


Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I still need to give that a try. It almost looks like the leaves are done using embossing paste. Nice card!

Sandy said...

Great card Lynette, I really did think looking at the card before I read your details and tutorial that you'd 'popped' the leaves with dimensionals or something. What a fabulous effect!

Mary said...

Your card is very pretty Lynette. Thanks for making the tutorial. :)


Leslie Miller said...

This looks great! I actually thought the leaves had been punched and glued on. The technique you used is very effective. I tried it once but it didn't turn out this good.