Monday, July 9, 2012

Ducky Birthday

I have another Inky Antics birthday card to share with you today. I think it's pretty similar to one I shared a little while ago, but this one has a little "surprise" inside.

I stamped the image on white and also on different colors of patterned paper. I paper-pieced the flower, stem and duck and colored the dots on the flower, the beak and feet. I matted with black, and also used the purple patterned paper on the card base. I stamped the other image on the inside of the card, positioning the stem so that I could cut the tulip from the honeycomb paper and have it open up. I paper-pieced the duck and stem on the inside, also.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

He is fabulous Lynette and I adore the pop up on the inside Hugs Elaine

Sheri said...

So cute Lynette!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I have that set and haven't used it yet. So neat the way you paper pieced the designs. I love the Inky Antics sets....I think I have all of them.

Sandy said...

Oh Lynette, this is absolutely adorable! Your paper piecing is fabulous.

Chookarooni said...

Lynette - what a great card - especially the inside!
Mary-Jane

Joanne said...

Such and ADORABLE and FUN card! This is the first set I've seen done that I LOVE! Your paper piecing ROCKS!

Shoshi said...

Lynette, this is gorgeous. I adore honeycomb paper and have often thought it would be fun to try using it - but haven't yet had the pleasure! I love the pieced flower on the front too, from the matching patterned paper.

Thanks for your comment - the ATC swap is proving more fun than I ever imagined! And I think the Blog Shop will do better than my defunct Etsy store!

Shoshi

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card - I've never seen or used that honeycomb paper but LOVE what you did!!!
gloria