Friday, January 2, 2015

Christmas???

I just got this embossing folder from Darice a couple weeks ago, along with several others. (I didn't have enough of them, you know! LOL!) When my oldest grandson was here for Christmas, we got to spend a little time playing in my stamping room. He loves it! So, I showed him how to sand down an embossed image when it's embossed on white-core cardstock. Here is the result. (He got to bring one home, too.) I simply added it to a card base, added Stickles to the snowflakes and white embossed the sentiment from Technique Tuesday. (The embossed panel is navy.)

I wanted to share my birthday cards with you today, but the USPS did it again. We were supposed to get out mail delivered on Wednesday, but it didn't come. Hopefully it will arrive today!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I've never thought of embossing on a white core paper and then sanding ike that. What a great idea! That's a perfect design to do it with too! Why wouldn't your mail get delivered?

bonnie32002 said...

This must TV have been a fun project! It makes a very cuse card.

bonnie32002 said...

Oy! Sometimes I hate spellcheck. You will just have to figuru out what the last message was supposed to say lol!

Mary said...

i love that your grandson was able to play in your craft room and help make 2 cards. Special time spent between the two of you for sure. :) Love the folder......iit is adorable.

Mary

Leslie Miller said...

What a cute embossing folder! It really does make the whole card, doesn't it? It's great that you got some crafty time with your grandson. What a fun way to spend some of your time together!