Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Greetings 4 You - #2, #3, and #4

Three more cards using the sentiments from the Stampin' Up! set called "Greetings 4 You." This completes my use of this set.

For this first one, I stamped the background with a large background stamp from Impression Obsession. I used distress ink for it. The white panel was scored with my Scor-Pal. The snowflakes were cut with a Darice die. I embossed the sentiment with detail silver embossing powder.
 For this one, I simply added the snowflakes die cut, stamped the image with silver embossing powder, and scored the lines.
For this third one, I used the same background stamp as on the first card. This time, however, I brayered distress ink over a piece of white cardstock. Then, I misted the stamp with water and "stamped" the distress-inked paper. I stamped the sentiment in a darker blue ink and scored two lines. I added the silver snowflakes that were left over from a card from a few days ago. I added pearls to the centers of each snowflake. Not my favorite card, for sure! I love the background, but the card does nothing for me:)

I'm done with my top shelf of SU! sets! Hurrah! I will move on to the next shelf soon. There were 60 sets on the top shelf; only 48 on the second one.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Bonnie32002 said...

They are all very nice. The scoring on them add so much detail and texture. How did we ever get along before our scor-pals? I can't even fold a card without mine noe. Lol!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great cards, Lynette. I love the way you did the scored lines....it really adds a lot to the card.

Shoshi said...

Beautiful cards as always, Lynette, and such a lovely subtle colour scheme this time.

Thank you for your lovely comment and your kind words. Only one more day to go now... I must say I'm pretty scared by the whole ordeal!

Shoshi

Leslie Miller said...

Moving right along! Wow! You've already finished 60 sets? I'm still on the B's! I love how you switched up the die cut placement on the first two cards and with small changes made them so different. You really know how to get your cards done!