Monday, February 6, 2017

"Kraft Magic" Thinking of You

I watched Gina K do a video on this technique, and thought I would give it a try. Here is my result.

Basically, you stamp solid stamps on kraft with white pigment ink (or use black cardstock, for "Black Magic"), and then color with colored pencils. I used Prismacolor. The flowers, stems and leaves use Gina K stamps. The flower centers are acrylic dots. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up! I matted with black and used a kraft base.

I'll be back tomorrow (and for a couple days) with my valentines, which I finally finished on Friday.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I really love this card!

Leslie Miller said...

I remember this technique from way back on Splitcoast. I think they called it pencils over ink, and I used to love doing it. I even did it on suede paper before, and it turns out awesome. Your flowers on kraft look fantastic. Love how there's a bit of white showing at the edges, and the black sentiment and mat are a great contrast. Pretty!