Thursday, September 14, 2017

Happy Birthday, Annie!

I've had this card base sitting around my stamping room for years! It's finally been made into a card. Yippee! It has hopefully reached my stamping friend, Annie, in Canada by now. Happy Birthday, Annie!

I stamped the bottom border with a Stampin' Up! stamp a long time ago, and then cut carefully around it. (So, the front of the card ends at the bottom of the "lace.") The roses and the sentiment were cut with two of my new dies. I cut out them of white cardstock and colored them with Copic markers. I mounted the leaves on foam squares and glued the rest down. I cut a couple extra layers of the sentiment and glued them all together for added dimension.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Nancy Cloud said...

Please tell who made the die you used for the flower and the Happy Birthday today. It is beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

I think I recognize that SU border stamp from a set a long time ago. Wow, this is so pretty! I'm sure glad you found a way to make it into a card. You have the most wonderful things in your card parts. The colors and dies are beautiful!

bonnie32002 said...

Wow! This turned out pretty. I love how you made the die look dimensional. And yes, do tell...was the die from Alixpress?