Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Butterfly Birthday - Recycled Photo

A while back, I tried printing a photo from a program I rarely use for printing. It printed it gi-normous! I thought rather than throw it away, though, I would use it for die-cutting:) I cut this piece with a Memory Box die. I have another piece cut, also, but haven't gotten it on a card yet. I simply put it on a white card base and added the sentiment, which is from Impression Obsession. (The "B" is not supposed to have dots in the centers, but I guess I pressed a little bit too hard. I didn't mind them, though, so I left it!)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a great idea! I'd never have thought to recycle the photo that way. It's great!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! This is one of my favorite dies.
Gloria

Cheryl W said...

A perfect way to use a print-out that otherwise would have gone to waste. Yay you for recycling!

Leslie Miller said...

I wouldn't have guessed this was cut from a photograph. Amazing how it worked out. It's a good reminder to save all rejected backgrounds and such for die cuts. Cute the way the sentiment worked out, too. Those dots were the first thing I noticed about it, and I think they look good there!