Saturday, February 3, 2018

Elegant Embroidery #1

Okay, here is the first card with my Stampin' Up! set called "Elegant Embroidery."  Even though I like the stamps, I'm not sure if I'll be making more cards using it or not. I colored the stamp with Zig markers and then stamped. I added a flat shiny sticker for the flower center. I cut the image out with a stitched rectangle die and matted with green. This was originally one piece, but I messed up stamping the sentiment, so I cut it apart. I scored three lines under the image and mounted on foam squares. The sentiment is from Impression Obsession and embossed with clear embossing powder.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I was wondering, Lynette, if there is a reason you think you may not make more cards with these stamps, even though you like them. I think it looks very delicate and pretty. It would even make a pretty background pattern if it were stamped multiple times in random directions.

Patti H. said...

Very pretty card, Lynette! Sometimes a little mistake just makes things turn out better. I think the stamp is beautiful. Don't remember seeing that set before. I agree with Cheryl W.. The stamp would make a wonderful background!

Leslie Miller said...

I know you have your reasons for not wanting to make more, but just want you to know I think what you did make is so delicate and pretty! Your "mess up" brought about a nice touch in the design, as mess ups so often do.