Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Snowflakes

POSSIBLY this could be my last Christmas card for the year. I don't plan on making any more, but then - I didn't plan on making the last four of them! :)

This line of snowflakes was cut from my Die Cut and Bond-covered cardstock, so I wanted to use up my "test" piece. It works great for die cuts, for sure. I used the die-cut piece to draw a line on my turquoise cardstock, then masked off the bottom part and sponged ink on the top part. Then I added the snowflake border. I used a Papertrey Ink stamp for the sentiment. I used my MISTI and was able to bend the stamp to match the curve of the die-cut.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Darnell said...

I've thoroughly enjoyed the last four (not Christmas!) Christmas cards, Lynette, but this one is my fave! There is just something about turquoise and when paired with white snowflakes, it's divine!! Hugs, Darnell

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Nicely done! Love the two different shades you achieved in the colors and how you were able to bend the die to match the curve. Very pretty card!

Cheryl W said...

Lovely card! Nice idea to add some inking to the top piece of cardstock for a little contrast. I'm still finishing up the last few 2019 cards. I won't get started on 2020 cards until after Christmas. But, hey, I did start wrapping gifts today. That counts, doesn't it?

Leslie Miller said...

Don't fight it, Lynette! Just go with the flow. I love the look of this with the curve and the contrast. I have some super wide Scor Tape that I'm always hesitant to use like this because I'm afraid it will gum up my dies. Maybe not. This looks awesome!

Joan said...

Hoping you might need to make another Christmas card or two because I love all the cards you've made. So many different layouts, styles, textures and colors. Always find inspiration on your blog.