Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Watercolor Birthday

This is my attempt at watercolor. I watch some watercolor videos while walking on the treadmill in the morning, and it looks so easy! Nah, it's not. :) I stamped the "happy" and "birthday" in Versamark and embossed with black powder. The stamps are from Stampendous. Then I watercolored the background. After drying, I added color to the letters. It'll do! I matted with black and added it to the card base after matting with black. The finished card is 3.5 x 6.25 inches.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Chookarooni said...

I really like this card!

Chookarooni said...

I really like this card! Just really different from usual style!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You may have found that it wasn't easy but it is really a very pretty card! Good job!

Cheryl W said...

I've tried and tried to learn to watercolor. I even took a class through Community Ed a few years back. I just don't seem to be able to get the hang of it. I think your background looks pretty great. I especially like that you added another layer of color to your letters. I wonder if I could do this...

Leslie Miller said...

Easy or not, this is absolutely gorgeous!