Friday, April 23, 2021

Mother's Day

I met a friend for lunch on Wednesday (Cheryl) and gave her about seventy cards for the thrift store she volunteers at. I don't usually make Mother's Day cards anymore, but I thought I should add a couple of those. Should have been more, but our meeting came up very suddenly and I didn't have time for more. Here is what I came up with. Both used patterned paper from Die Cuts With a View. 
You can't see it in the photos, but each pattern has parts that look heat-embossed. The sentiment on each is from Verve. I made two of the second one.

For this first one, I stamped the sentiment on vellum and embossed with silver. I wrapped the vellum around the patterned piece before attaching to the card front. I also added thin shimmery silver strips to each edge of the vellum.
For this one, I stamped the sentiment on slightly textured ivory cardstock and embossed with gold. I colored the tiny flower with an orange marker. I added a piece of gold tape between the patterned layers.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

These are both so pretty, and I know they'll sell quickly at the store. Thanks SO MUCH for your contribution of cards. They are such a nice assortment and they will help the store fund their community outreach projects, like its food shelf, which are so needed right now. You are so generous, Lynette!

Leslie Miller said...

These are so pretty, Lynette, and a generous donation. I love those DCWV papers!