Sunday, July 3, 2022

Stenciled Hello

I played a little bit with a stencil, die ink and a baby wipe a week or so ago. I had used Gina K ink on a piece of white cardstock. Then I put a stencil and a baby wipe over it and another piece of cardstock and ran it through my die-cutting machine. Not a terribly smart thing to do, as the baby wipe was quite wet and made a mess with all the liquid that squished out! Oh well. This is the result of that experiment. I trimmed it down and matted it with black. The sentiment has been in my card parts for a long time. I die-cut the "hello" from silver mirror cardstock and placed black cardstock behind it.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Even though it caused a bit of a mess, it turned out well. I've been meaning to try that method, but haven't gotten around to it, yet. Thanks for the advice about making sure to use a baby wipe that isn't too wet.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

In spite of the mess, the background turned out very pretty! That isn't a technique I have heard of before.

Patti J said...

Very pretty card! So sorry it made a mess, but so glad you persevered and posted the result! Love it!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, this turned out very pretty and you've given me an idea. Maybe dab through a stencil with a wadded up baby wipe? I had the same problem when doing the pressed flower thing. It's amazing how much juice is in flowers and foliage. Must be ready with a clean up towel for that one!