Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Special Day

I saw this technique somewhere and thought I would give it a try. It was fun to just play and not be trying to use something up or to have to use something that I hadn't used before. The dies for the flowers are from Gina K. I cut the solid piece out of white and the detailed piece from black. I ink-blended on the solid piece and then put a stencil over it and added more ink. Then I glued them together. I embossed the top and bottom pieces with a Gina K embossing folder. Then I added the thin black strips. I stamped the sentiment, from Stampendous, before doing the embossing. I made three cards like this. The other two had Mrs. Grossman's stickers for the sentiments.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is such a pretty die to use and the way you colored the design beautiful! Really lovely card! So glad you were able to have some fun just playing and not stressing over it.

Wanda said...

So pretty!

Cheryl W said...

Your ink blending and stenciling combo looks great. It adds a special something to the card, too. I think the recipient might wonder how you were able to do that. This is such a pretty card! Love the embossing.

Leslie Miller said...

This is very eye catching, Lynette! These pretty dies offer up all kinds of possibilities. You made a beautiful blended background with a subtle pattern for your solid flowers. The best kind of play is the just because kind!