Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fresh Cuts Thanks

For this card, I used a set from the new Stampin’ Up! catalog called “Fresh Cuts.” The catalog will be out on August 11.

I inked up the image with Sahara Sand, and then I used a Certainly Celery marker to color all of the leaves. It's rather amazing to me that I can hardly tell the difference between River Rock and Certainly Celery – I suppose because there was Sahara Sand underneath it. I sponged the edges of the cardstock with Sahara Sand, also. I tried to bring out the "tan-ness" of the Sahara Sand by mounting it on Close to Cocoa, since I have no Sahara Sand cardstock. I added three brads to that layer. Then I mounted it on Dimensionals and layered it onto River Rock cardstock. The sentiment is stamped with Sahara Sand.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

deb said...

Gorgeous!!! I love this, if I didn't know better, I would think you were shopping at Hallmark! This is so elegant and regal. Fantastic job!
hugz

Harriet Skelly (SCS hskelly) said...

Beautiful colors and layout Lynette! Gorgeous card.

Jan Evans said...

This is a beautiful card. I absoolutely love it! I have enjoyed your site very much and put it into my bookmarks. I will be back! Jan