Saturday, August 16, 2008

Celebrate!!

The card I chose to upload today is a really quick one I made yesterday. My up-line (the woman I signed up with to become a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator) had her garage sale on Thursday and I had to go and pick up a few “new” things! I love playing around and experimenting with new stamps, and that’s how this card started.

Sorry, I don’t even know the name of this SU! set. (If anyone can tell me, that would be great. I’ll edit this post to include it. It’s four stamps – the flower, the stem and leaves, a heart and a leaf.) I stamped the flower with Versa Magic Chalk Ink - Pixie Dust, then wiped off the center of it and used a marker for the dark middle. The stem is stamped with Versa Magic Chalk Ink – Aloe Vera. After I stamped the flower and stem, I used the ink pad to add a little green on the bottom for grass, then I used chalks to add some color inside the flower and leaves, and also a very light blue around the outside of the flower and leaves. I mounted the image on Pink Pirouette (a new SU! color) and embossed the edges with a Cuttlebug border embossing folder from Just My Type. Then I mounted it on Purely Pomegranate. The ribbon is Purely Pomegranate, too. I scored lines on both sides of the ribbon with my Scor-Pal. The “CELEBRATE” sentiment is from a Studio G set that I just picked up at Michael’s.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

deb said...

I love this card! I love how you used the folders on the side for zigzag!! Very creative!!
hugz

Anonymous said...

Pretty card Lynette! Greatuseof the CB border embossing folder! I likethis color combination a lot.