Friday, August 29, 2008

Sparkle, Sparkle Everywhere!

Sparkle, anyone? Today’s card definitely has plenty of sparkle!

I brayered the top of the Happy Birthday Cuttlebug folder, and embossed a piece of turquoise cardstock with it. Then I sprinkled it with Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder and heat embossed it. Such an easy and effective technique! The cupcake with candle is from Stampin’ Up!’s Birthday Best set. I stamped it on yellow, white and turquoise. I used a Versamarker and the sparkly embossing powder on the bottom of the cupcake and cut it out of turquoise. I used Star Dust Stickles on the frosting and cut it out of white. I put Star Dust Stickles and then Diamond Glaze on the candle flame. I cut the yellow piece with a rectangle Nestability and embossed it. It is mounted on a turquoise scalloped rectangle. I glued the bottom of the cupcake on, and used Pop Dots to mount the frosting. The entire rectangle “stack” is mounted on the card with Pop Dots.

It’s really hard to show the shimmer, so you’ll just have to take my word for it! Here is a close-up to give a little better idea. If you click on the image, you can see it pretty well.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how cool is that!!! So sparkly and fun Lynette!

Jeanette - said...

Lynette - this is such a cool effect! Great card!!!