Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Two Simple Birthday Cards


I needed a birthday card for our niece's husband, so no flowers. That makes it really tough for me! I remembered I had this stamp by Art Impressions that would work nicely.

I stamped it three times on three different patterns of paper with similar colors and cut out the nine packages. Then I stamped it on three card fronts. I adhered one of each pattern on to the stamped image on the card front. The sentiment on this first one is from Studio G. I got out a Long Oval Nestability and traced around the inside with a black glaze pen, moving the Nestability to make it the size I wanted to frame the image and sentiment. The sentiment for this second card is from Scrappy Cat. I used a Rectangle Nestability and a black gel pen for this frame and traced the outside. I knew I had seen Natasha Trupp do this for a Fall-To Layout in early June, but I didn't realize just how much I followed her sketch without having seen it for almost two months! You can find her layout here. (The third card, not pictured, is the one that went to Jason.)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Jeanette - said...

These are very cool Lynette! Great job!!

Michele Boyer said...

Oh how cute! I love your designs...simply fab!

Anne said...

Perfectly S-I-M-P-L-E done
G-R-E-A-T, Lynette! Wonderful variation of fonts... Love'em.

L&H,
-A. :)