Sunday, November 22, 2009

2RedBananas Banana Split Sunday – Thank You card

Imgp9939 - 2rb

Imgp9947 - 2rb

These two cards are for this week’s 2RedBananasBanana Split Sunday Challenge. The challenge for this week is to make a thank you card or a page with a gratitude theme. Please join us for the challenge!

Both of my cards use the branch with flowers from the set “Wrapped in His Love.” I inked it up with Stampin’ Up!’s Soft Suede ink, then colored the leaves with an Always Artichoke marker. I colored the flowers on the first card with a Dusty Durango marker and I used a Crushed Curry marker on the second card. For the first card, I used the sentiment from the same set. I matted the image and the sentiment with Always Artichoke and used my Scor-Pal to score lines on both sides of the panel. The sentiment on the second card is from the October’s release set called “Winter Wishes.” The butterflies are punched with a Martha Stewart punch out of Crushed Curry cardstock and have pearls for their bodies. I drew antennas with a Dusty Durango marker.

The second card is also done using this week’s Clean & Simple blog’s Fall-to Layout #69. Another fun sketch!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

11 comments:

Sheri said...

BOth are so lovely. The colors you chose are really pretty.

Sam said...

oh I DO love those simple cards, they always look oh-so-very elegant.

Jeanette - said...

These are both beautiful Lynette!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Both of those cards are wonderful. I especially like the second one.

Teresa said...

Lynette you outdid yourself with two wonderful cards. Both are so pretty.

Harriet Skelly said...

Both are gorgeous cards Lynette!

Leigh said...

Very effective Lynette.

Joan B said...

Absolutely perfect cards. LOVE what you did. Everything in its place and they both shine.

Deb said...

LOVE these, Lynette! So elegant! They are simply stunning...love that you left them with open, clean white space! Those butterflies and pearls are just gorgeous!

Lynne in NI said...

Both gorgeous Lynette - I love how the one stamp made two very different cards
:o)

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!