Sunday, November 29, 2009

2RedBananas Banana Split Sunday – Christmas Card

Today's card is for this week's 2RedBananas Banana Split Sunday. The theme this week is to make a Winter or a Christmas card. Please join us for this challenge! One random participant will be the lucky winner of the Penny's Christmas Tree stamp set that I used on the card.

I stamped the image, then colored it with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. I used some Crystal Stickles on the star and Penny's hair. I paper pieced the tree skirt with some plaid paper. I cut the image and the matting (from the same plaid) using Oval Nestabilities. The background is from my friend, Suzie. (Thanks, Suzie!) The white strip is punched with a Martha Stewart border punch and scored with my Scor-Pal. The beautiful ribbon is from the 2RedBananas store. The sentiment is from Winter Wishes. It's mounted on Dimensionals.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Deb said...

I *love* all these little details! The plaid tree skirt and mat, her sparkly hair, the snowflake border and that beautiful ribbon! SO adorable!

Chookarooni said...

Lynette,
What a cute card - love the paper piecing and border punch!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Nice job! Paper piecing adds so much to the design. All the details make the card so special.

KanataNewf said...

Love the cute image!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how cute this is! It's just the sweetest thing, and done to perfection! I love it!

Mary said...

What an adorable stamp and a wonderful card. You must love working with these images. Thay are all so cute.

Mary