Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thanks, Suzie!

Suzie - thanksThis is the card I made for my friend, Suzie, after we visited with them down in Florida.  It’s very similar to one I made for my brother last June.

I honestly don’t even remember what colors I used.  I know I did each shell in a couple colors.  I know I used Bliss Blue, Almost Amethyst and Sahara Sand, plus others.  At any rate, I used a brass stencil and first stippled the color on to the Very Vanilla cardstock.  Then I added embossing paste, removed the stencil and added the glitter.  The corner embellishments are some “studs” I got in the jewelry department at Michael’s.  The image panel is mounted on a grayish-tan piece of cardstock.  The sentiment is stamped with Sahara Sand and is from Stampin’ Up! – a set called Much Appreciated.  The card base is a light blue linen-y piece.  Thanks for sending me the picture, Suzie!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful. I have never used a stencil before. Your sparkle is just the right touch.. Terrific job Lynette..

bonnie32002 said...

Wow! this must be just stunning IRL....

I have done the pasty stuff, just pretty messy. Maybe I'll have to haul that stuff out again if I can get something that looks like yours!

Harriet Skelly said...

The stencil embossing is always so beautiful Lynette! This is no exception!

Leigh said...

So pretty Lynette.