Thursday, October 28, 2010

Butterfly Anniversary

I had a scrap leftover from yesterday's card, and thought I could make use of it. I had punched the butterflies out of this darker piece, and realized that if I had TRIED to punch them out nice and straight, I never would have been able to! But, here they are, straight enough to use:).

The papers are from a scrap pack I got at Target a few years ago. (I still love these colors.) They have some texture to them. I scored some lines and added pearls to the butterfly "negatives." The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's "Wishing You" set and is stamped with Versamagic Turquoise Gem ink. The butterflies were punched out with a Martha Stewart punch.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! Love the colours.

Kathleen

Sheri said...

Very pretty and they sure look perfectly straight to me. I wish I were so creative in using my scraps

Joan V said...

Lynette, such a pretty card. So clean and elegant. Love your colors. I am glad you noted the paper is from your stash. I think is is great to use up what we have bought before and not what new. And I love that you used the butterfly strip that was from another project. Love your blog and I can't wait to see what you have next. Have a wonderful day.

Kristy Smith said...

How cute and clever Lynette! Great job! =)

Suzie said...

How pretty, Lynette!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love it when a scrap works out so well and doesn't go to waste! :) This would be a great card to case.

Colorado Crafter said...

I love being able to use my scraps creatively. This is such a super card and to think it sort of just "happened"! LOL!! Thanks for sharing!

Danni said...

How clever!This turned out so pretty!

Sandie C said...

This is gorgeous - it really has that WOW factor. TFS

Annie said...

You are so clever!! I'm loving all the butterflies!

Unknown said...

Love it! Very pretty. And who says the butterflies need to be in a straight line? They look like they are in flight fluttering around.

Lisa Lara said...

Smart girl, using up scraps. I just love this card Lynette. Love it.

Michelle VP said...

Ooh, I love those colors too! And what a neat idea to use the the butterfly frame strip for a card. :)

Mary said...

I love the way that you use your scraps and your papers etc... even if they are not brand new. I think it is great that you are frugal but make beautiful cards while being frugal. Thank you for sharing your tips. Lynette.

Mary

Leslie Miller said...

Outstanding! Wonderful texture and design! Clean and fabulous!