Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Repeat Impressions - Designer's Choice Challenge

It's time for another Designer's Choice Challenge from Repeat Impressions. Today is Darsie's turn to choose, and she has chosen for us to do a scenic card in black and white and only one other color. Now THAT is a challenge!LOL! Please visit the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built, for all the details and to see what the other Rock Stars have come up with. You can also find their creations by following these links:
Darsie ~ Dawn ~ Harriet ~Joy ~ Karen ~ Maki ~ Miriam ~ Robin
Then, create your card, upload it to your blog or on-line gallery, and link it up to the Repeat Impressions blog. One random winner for the month will win their choice of a full sheet of unmounted rubber - an awesome prize!


For my card, I used the stamp Bottoms Up, available on this page. I stamped it in black on white glossy cardstock and masked each duck. Then I brayered over it with Not Quite Navy, Buckaroo Blue and Bordering Blue. I matted with Buckaroo Blue and black. This was my first attempt at the challenge and I wasn't terribly pleased with it. However, I tried again with non-glossy paper and was even more unhappy. I wanted to try again with non-glossy paper but lighter colors, but I ran out of time. So, I decided this one was pretty good!


You also have almost a week to enter the WHAT IF? Wednesday challenge, found here.  The winner of that challenge will win a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Neat idea Lynette! This a really different technique for those of us who are use to the CAS look. You've really done a great job.

joy said...

I like the brayering look and the glossy card stock was a great idea!

Harriet Skelly said...

I like how this came out Lynette - and that image just makes me smile!

Anonymous said...

I think this turned out great on glossy paper! It almost looks foggy. Love how the ducks pop. Also love the subtle change in background colors and sun. Miriam

Whimsey said...

Beautiful - I LOVE your brayering - mine NEVER looks that smooth!! Fabby card!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

You did a great job on the challenge, Lynette! Your brayering is wonderful and those little duck butts just pop off the page!

Unknown said...

Simple yet very creative card! I love how you created the water...so beautiful!