Sunday, October 9, 2011

With Sympathy

The husband of a friend in my stamping group lost his battle with ALS on Tuesday. What an awful disease. I made this card for Joyce and her family.


I stamped the sentiment (from Papertrey Ink) in black on lightly textured ivory cardstock. I used Versamagic Sea Breeze ink for the images, which are from a Hampton Art set. I scored the lines on the left side with my Martha Stewart scoring tool and added a thin strip of cardstock. The matting is Aqua Mist from PTI. I added a pearl for the bird's eye and more pearls under the sentiment.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sympathy card!
gloria

Shoshi said...

Again, less is more! This is a really beautiful, tasteful card, Lynette - so elegant, and carries just the right message!

Hop over to my blog when you get a moment and see the altered box I've done. It's the first of a whole set.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Sheri said...

Very pretty. I know Joyce will love it.

Kathie said...

Beautiful and elegant!

Shoshi said...

He he he Lynette! Great minds think alike! Thanks for your awesome comments on my blog. You're a star. I didn't think it was too bad an effort for my first attempt at altering a box. My hubby told me the man organising the sale is coming to see me on Wednesday... I hope he doesn't expect to take everything away with him because I've nothing like finished! I'm working on a mirror frame with butterflies at the moment, and also another rust one, this time with some embossed metal embellishments. The trouble is, everything takes So Long to dry!

Mary said...

So sorry to hear about your friend losing her husband.The card that you made for her is very pretty and very soothing looking. I'm sure that she will appreciate getting your card.

Mary

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Such pretty soft colors. Pearls sue add a touch of elegance!