Monday, October 22, 2012

Warm Wedding Wishes

This is the card I made for the wedding that we went to on Saturday. I made the card to match their invitations. I did this for her sister five weeks ago, and she noticed(!) so I thought I'd do that for this couple, also.

The leaves are stamps from Could 9. I inked them up with Crushed Curry ink from Stampin' Up! and then I "thumped" with a Dusty Durango marker. I used a Really Rust marker to draw the lines around the edges. I printed the sentiment on the computer. (I even dared to do it AFTER everything was stamped, and it worked out!) The leaves were punched from Crushed Curry cardstock with a Tonic punch, sponged with Really Rust ink, and mounted on foam squares. The matting is Real Red. The card base and image panel are ivory.

hanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea plus a wonderful "fall" card that could be used for anniversary, birthday, get well, etc!! Like how you did the edges of the leaves.
Gloria

Sheri said...

Beautiful card. You are a brave woman to print after the fact. I am not as confident with my computer skills

Kristie said...

This is beautiful, Lynette!! Love how you did the leaves!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Can't believe how you printed the sentiment after stamping! Don't think I'd have dared do that. :)

Love the card and how you did the lines. Makes it look like the entire design was done with a large stamp.

Char said...

Really love this card. I am with everyone else, don't think I'd have the guts to print after the card was done. I am sure she loved it!!!

Dee said...

May I ask what program you use to generate your sentiment? And would you consider doing a tutorial of how you can set it up so that you can print after stamping? It is such a gorgeous card! I would really love to know how to place sentiments like that!

Jeanette said...

Beautiful! I love that you based it on their invitation, how sweet! The sentiment turned out perfectly, great job!