Thursday, June 12, 2014

Christmas Wishes

I finally had a little time to finish a card. Life has been a little busy lately:) My sister is in the process of moving back to Minnesota and is spending a few days with us. Very fun!

Another card for my Christmas pile. I think this only makes number ten. I embossed the frame with a small Sizzix folder. The center said "My Christmas Wish" and I didn't like that much, so I cut it out. I used a small brayer to add green ink to the raised portions of the frame and added red brads. I put small pieces of foam square along the edges and cut an oval to put underneath. On the oval I stamped the sentiment using a Papertrey Ink stamp. The patterned paper is Recollections.

I'm linking this up to the Christmas Card Challenge blog and also Darnell's NBUS challenge. (I had not used this embossing folder yet. I got it last December.) Please check them both out!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

12 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great card for Christmas! SO fun that you get a head start on your 2014 cards!

Darnell said...

I really like your layout on this card, Lynnette, with that simple rectangle of pp offset by your sensational holly oval frame! I will be putting this in my sketch folder! Your treatment of the oval worked great with the braying, pop-up, and brads giving it texture and dimension!!

Thank you for entering my NBUS Challenge again and reposting the button to spread the word! Have fun with your sis! Hugs, Darnell

bonnie32002 said...

A great design! You are so far ahead of me on Christmas cards!

JD/ Jill said...

This is a lovely Christmas card...I like your design...

Unknown said...

The small brads make such a big diffence! I really like this card, Lynette!

Marsha Reed said...

Beautiful card, Lynnette. I love the simplicity and the clean look. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Christmas Card Challenges. I look forward to seeing you there again.

wendipooh13 said...

sooo cute love the berries!!! Thanks for joining us on the Sunday Christmas Card Challenges.

Mary said...

It looks as though you will have your Christmas cards all made way before Christmas. :) I love the design of this card.

Mary

Karen (karey2005) said...

Very pretty! And thanks for linking up with us at Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N (DT)

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, I like it very much! One of my favorites!!!

Sheila H said...

Love your CAS design. I popped over from the NBUS Challenge.