Thursday, September 25, 2014

Batman Birthday


Our oldest grandson will be six (!) on October 2. This is the card I made him this morning. Last year he liked batman, and I suppose he's into something else this year, but I had this file for my Cameo Silhouette and I wanted to use it. All the colored pieces were printed on my printer and cut out with my Silhouette. I just had to glue it together. The batman on the card front is mounted on foam squares. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.


Here are a couple pictures of the inside. When you open it up, the background and the batman come out at you. I have had so little time for creating lately. Not sure where the time goes! It was fun to at least make a card like this. Hopefully I will get some time for stamping soon - to work on my SU! project and also to work on my calendars.

Our youngest grandson, Wyatt, who just turned one on the 19th, had tubes put in his ears on Tuesday. All went well. He also had a hearing test while he was under. It showed some low-frequency hearing loss, but they are fairly confident that it is not permanent. That was great news!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Bea said...

Great card..I'm sure your grandson loved it. Hope Wyatt's okay.

Unknown said...

Love, Love, Love your Super Hero card! I bet you will earn Grandma points with that one! (My grandson also had tubes put in...medical miracles!)

Sheri said...

If he is not into Batman this year, he will be when he sees your card. Amazing job!

Shoshi said...

Great Batman card, Lynette. Love the inside too! I am sure he will love it, even if he's moved on to something else! Hope little Wyatt's ears will be OK.

Shoshi

Mary said...

I *love* this card. Makes me want to own a Cameo machine too. :) I'm certain that your 6 year old grandson will love it. As for Wyatt, I hope he does great with the tubes in his ears. Gracie had tubes out in when she was a year old due to chronic earaches. She is 2 1/2 now and still has the tubes in but she is doing fantastic. :)

Mary

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, this is amazing, Lynette!! Any six year old (and a lot of adults) would love this! Our Day Surgery department has a whole day every week devoted just to kids getting tubes in their ears. Wyatt will be just fine, I'm sure. It's tough for a little guy to go through that, but it will all be forgotten soon. Hope you get more crafty time in the near future!