Monday, September 7, 2015

Wonderful Woodcuts #2

A late post from me. I haven't missed a blogging day since some time in May, and I didn't want it to happen today. So, I went down and made this card. :)

It uses the second stamp in the Stampin' Up! set called "Wonderful Woodcuts." I'll try to get the last two stamps used soon and post them on the same day. I stamped the image in Memento black ink and colored with Copic markers. I used a Fiskars texture plate for the matting. I brayered it with white pigment ink before running it through my BIGkick. I added a scrap strip underneath.

For mrses44: The My Favorite Things stamps from yesterday's card are from the set called "Inspired By the Sea." It's likely retired. Probably about 75% (or more!) of my stamps are retired. I make cards for the fun of making them and post them for inspiration, so it really doesn't make any difference to me if they are available or not.

We went camping again for a couple days with some friends. It was HOT HOT HOT and it rained and stormed. We still managed to have a great time. We just had to go for a couple rides to escape the heat and we ate dinner out on Saturday night:) I'm home today and I hope to get caught up with a few things and maybe get some more stamping time in.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynette, I LOVED your statement about your stamps being mostly retired.

" Probably about 75% (or more!) of my stamps are retired. I make cards for the fun of making them and post them for inspiration, so it really doesn't make any difference to me if they are available or not."

While I do subscribe to a lot of blogs and enjoy looking at the lovely cards they post, I do get really sick and tired of all the bloggers that are on design teams (often multiple teams) and only use new products that they are pushing for some stamp or die company. While we all enjoy buying some new products when we can, I often feel behind the times, because I can't afford to have even a small portion of all the new goodies I see all the time. My husband tells me often that I should start a blog and share my cards, but besides not wanting the stress of feeling pressured to make cards just to keep a blog going, I feel like I would always be behind the times since I am not able to rush out and buy crafting products as soon as they hit the Internet. I always wait and purchase the things I do buy either on sale or with coupons or even used at my local scrapbook store's Trash and Treasure sale. I love the things I buy just as much as if I bought something that just came on the market yesterday, but that's just me. Most card makers seem to only want to use the newest releases (and use them only once), then toss them aside and buy more new stuff.

When you think about approaching this hobby that way, it really isn't a very healthy hobby, is it? LOL! Oh, well - to each his own. I love my oldest stamps and dies just as much as my newest ones and it was so nice to read what you said about how you approach your hobby. I've subscribed to your blog for a long time. If I remember correctly it was one of the first blogs I subscribed to back when I first started making cards. While I do sometimes ask about a specific embossing folder or stamp you might use if I really like it in case it's still available, it is really refreshing to see your cards and know that you make them because of a real love of the craft and not just due to a love of the next hew thing.

Thanks for being there, Lynette.

Shoshi said...

A lovely bold design, Lynette, and great colours too. I agree with what you say about "retired" stamps - who cares, as long as they still work and you still like them? Who would stop using something they own just because you can't get them any more? If someone is really desperate to get hold of it, it's probably available on Ebay.

Thank you so much for your very kind words - so glad you like my latest Zentangle drawing! I am very, very thrilled to be getting published! It's most exciting and a great privilege.

Shoshi

Leslie Miller said...

Well, you know how I feel about the old stuff. I love it and use it all the time. However, the DT's I'm on are because I love their stuff, too, and am lucky to be reaping the benefits. I mean, we all like new stuff, too, right? This Wonderful Woodcuts set is definitely one of the Oldies but Goodies!