Sunday, October 7, 2018

Crafty Secrets Birthday

I've had this Crafty Secrets stamp set for many years, and I'm not sure I've ever used it. So, here are two cards using stamps from the same set. I really wanted to combine the stamps, but I wasn't able to do it to my satisfaction.

The first stamp I used was this ferny stamp. I stamped with green and matted with matching cardstock. I added a strip of vellum with the sentiment (from Impression Obsession) stamped on it and embossed with black embossing powder.
For this card, I used the flowery stamp. (Come to think of it, I may have used this stamp previously.) I stamped it in dark purple (Vintage Violet) on vellum. I placed the stamped vellum over patterned paper. The sentiment is done with an unbranded die and is layered for dimension. The cardbase on both cards is ivory.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Both cards are lovely Lynette. Smile BIG! :)

Mary

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love the way you were able to create such pretty backgrounds.

Cheryl W said...

Both these cards are SO pretty! I love the background stamps, especially that ferny one. I wouldn't have thought to stamp on vellum and then put it over a patterned background, but it works beautifully. Thanks for sharing this great idea.

Bea said...

Beautiful work as always. Love the backgrounds on both.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, Lynette! These are both utterly gorgeous! Those stamps make beautiful backgrounds. Can't decide which I like best, but drawn to the fern stamp. Vintage Violet looks beautiful on your second card, all softened up with the vellum. Lovely!