Friday, October 5, 2018

Simple Birthday

I got this pretty quarter-sheet of patterned paper from a friend in June at our Group Gathering - and another like it to be used later. I just really liked it! :) I didn't want to cover it up, so this is how I decided to use it. I cut a stitched circle out of the patterned paper, and also out of the pale yellow "mottled" paper. I stamped the sentiment (from Papertrey Ink) and then I embossed with a Darice folder. I cut one of the flowers out of the discarded circle. I matted with the same yellow and popped it up with foam squares, and also added a couple thin strips to highlight the sentiment.

Edited to add: I'm linking this card up to the Let's Craft and Create challenge. The challenge is anything goes, with the option of using paper strips instead of ribbon.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Jeanne H said...

A really pretty summery card. Summer is gone here, right? But Fall is usually my favorite season.

Cheryl W. said...

I can see why you love that paper. It's so pretty. Your card is beautiful. I love the way you accented the sentiment with those narrow strips of paper.

Leslie Miller said...

I love this pretty paper, too! The white flowers look hand colored. Nice touch with the embossing and inlaid circle. Happy World Card Making Day! Hope you get to enjoy it in your stamp room!