Thursday, September 18, 2008

Birthday Flowers

It’s nice to stamp again! I finally got a chance for the first time since Sunday. We’ve been kind of busy – buying and selling a car and working on re-doing our den. But the car situation is all done, and the den is moving along quite nicely.

The image on this card is a stamp by Rubber Stampede. I stamped it with Versafine Black Onyx ink and colored it with Stampin’ Up! markers – Soft Subtles. (Except for the gray shadow – it’s not SU! and I’m too lazy to go back downstairs and see who makes it!) I punched it out with a Marvy Uchida circle punch, and the scalloped circle – Mauve Mist – is also done with a Marvy punch. I printed out the “happy birthday” on the computer. (I did printed ten cards today the same way – four “happy birthday”, four “thank you” and two “happy anniversary.” They make such great simple cards.) I scored the lines with my Scor-Pal and added some Stampin’ Up! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon. I pierced the scallops, added some hand-doodling around the edge of the image circle, and popped the image layer up with dimensional squares.

I hope to stamp again soon, but I do really want to get our den done – pillows made, valance made, paint, etc. – so I’m not sure when I’ll post again.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

1 comment: