Saturday, December 13, 2008

More Birthday Flowers


I "stole" about ten minutes today to do a little stamping. This card is for a friend of mine whose birthday is New Year's Eve. It could not be simpler, but it felt really good to make something. :)


The three flowers are all one stamp - by Great Impressions. I colored the images with Stampin' Up! markers - all from the Rich Regals family. (The shadows are colored with a different brand of marker, but I don't have it with me right now, and of course I'm in a hurry - sorry!) I used my trusty Scor-Pal, of course. I matted the image with Marvelous Magenta. The card base is one that I printed on the computer a while back. I also added a little bit of Diamond Glaze to the flowers.


For those of you out there who are "pray-ers" I would appreciate any prayers for my dad. He had a tumor removed from his neck yesterday. Hopefully it had not spread to his lymph nodes, but he needs to have another surgery in a couple weeks (IF he can get in!) to remove the lymph nodes from his neck to have them checked out. If they have no cancer, he is fine. And I'm sure that is the case! But, if they find cancer in them, he will need to have some treatments. Please add him to your prayers that he is cancer-free. Thank you so much!!


Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet BD card Lynette! I added your dad's name to our prayer list at Shir Ami last night! Hugs, Harriet

Anonymous said...

Very cute card, I've missed you the last few days. I will keep your Dad and family in my prayers.

Mary said...

Wow! You made that card in 10 minutes? It came out beautiful.

As for your Dad. You bet I will pray that he does not have cancer. I will also be sending positive thoughts your way.

Mary

Anonymous said...

What a happy card!

fishlips said...

10 minutes...Oh my so so pretty love the layout its darling.... Im sending all my good thoughts your way....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.