Saturday, December 6, 2008

Waxed Paper Cuttlebug Resist


A while back, I was sent a link to this technique. I thought it looked interesting and knew I wanted to try it. I finally did.

In a nutshell, this is the technique. Use a Cuttlebug folder on a piece of waxed paper, then iron that embossed waxed paper between two pieces of cardstock, then brayer over the result. Voila! I used Stampin’ Up!’s In-Color, Baja Breeze, for my brayering and also to stamp the mittens and sentiment. I embossed the mittens and sentiment with Iridescent Ice embossing powder, also. I stamped the mittens twice so I could cut one set of them out and pop them up with Pop Dots. The ribbon is from Anchor Paper, and unlike the picture, matches the paper exactly “in real life.” The stamps are from an All-Night Media set I got at Michael's a few years ago called Winter Wonderland.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

WOW!!!! and it's BLUE!!!! :)

Thanks for the shout out - yours is INCREDIBLE!!!

TFS!

Lydia

Carolyn King said...

What a great technique. Thanks for sharing it--I will have to try it as yours looks fabulous!

Catherine said...

very pretty :)