Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Marvelous Morning Glory #2

This is the second card I've made using the Stampin' Up! set called "Marvelous Morning Glory." You just haven't seen the first one yet:) You will be seeing it soon, as soon as the person it's being mailed to has received it.

The set has ten stamps. I used nine of them on the other card. The only stamp that was left for me to use was this little flower. I stamped the sentiment, from My Favorite Things, and cut it out with a Spellbinders die. Before removing from the die, I sponged a little distress ink around the edges. After removing it from the die, I stamped the flower and added a sparkly white enamel dot. I cut the blue piece using another die from that die set from Spellbinders, matted it with white and mounted on foam squares. The card base was in my "card parts." I believe the bottom edge was cut with another Spellbinders die.

Sorry the picture is a little "wonky." It was hard to photograph, due to its not having a straight edge on the bottom.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Shoshi said...

Lovely, Lynette! I love the inking in the central oval, which gives the design a really 3-D look, and the wavy edge is gorgeous.

Thanks for your lovely encouraging comment - think of me on Friday! It'll be a long day at the hospital. I shall cross the days off on the calendar and hope the treatment days come and go quickly - not that I am usually one to wish my life away, but I can't wait for 2015 to come to an end!!

Shoshi

Unknown said...

That bottom edge is the "bee's knees!" I love it!

Leslie Miller said...

I love the wavy edge and the crispness of the blue on white. Very pretty, Lynette!

Mary said...

What a lovely card Lynette. I love that you used dies and stamps to make your it. :)

Mary

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great use of that Spellbinders die with that stamp.