Saturday, July 18, 2015

Smorgasborders #3 and 4

The next two cards using the Stampin' Up! set called "Smorgasborders." The stamp is the border stamp. I stamped it with Memento black ink and colored with Copic markers. I embossed the bottom panel with a Cuttlebug folder. I matted both with bright blue cardstock. The image panel is mounted on foam squares. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.
A very simple card to be used as a wedding or anniversary card. Sorry for the not-so-good picture. I stamped the image with Versamark ink and embossed with detail silver embossing powder. I matted with shimmery silver cardstock and popped it up with foam squares.

Stay tuned for the last two cards with this set tomorrow:)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

You found the perfect embossing folder to use with the geometric style stamp! Bright and cheerful

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Nice use of those stamps. I love the first one.....it reminds me of Legos because of the colors you used. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice to see this old SU set. I bought it (at least parts of it :)) on ebay back when I first started making cards. It is put away and out of easy access at the moment, so I can't just grab it and check all the stamps for sure, but I know I have these two. The two you used yesterday didn't look familiar to me so I guess they were left out of my set (or maybe I've just forgotten I have them). LOL! I think in my case, the seller must have put in some stamps from other border sets because I did get a lot of border stamps in the batch I bought under the name "Smorgasborders". At that time, being brand new to stamping, I didn't know about the SU galleries on SCS that are so helpful in checking out retired SU sets.

I really need to do what you are doing and pull out all those old retired SU sets I bought on ebay and actually USE them! LOL! But, that would then call for me to do the same with all the other stamps and stamp sets I have bought and never used. :) And then, it would lead to doing the same with punches, dies, embossing folders and ALL the other stamping supplies I've bought and never used. And believe me, that would be such an enormous task I don't think I will live long enough to accomplish it, so I don't think I'll start the process. LOL! Maybe a giant garage sale would be easier. LOL!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, you just happened to have the perfect embossing folder to use with the stamp on the first card! What a match! Two more down -- great progress, Lynette!