Thursday, July 13, 2017

Pasture Birthday #1 - #3

Here are three cards using my next Stampin' Up! set. This set is called "Pasture Birthday." It consists of nine stamps: this multi-animal border stamp, the cow, a sheep, a pig, a hen, some grass, and three sentiments. I used most of the stamps on these three cards. I will use the last two stamps on tomorrow's card.

For this first card, I used three of the stamps and only one color of ink. I matted the pieces with matching cardstock. The border piece is mounted on foam squares.

For this card, I used the hen. I didn't think the sentiment stamps went very well with this stamp (and I almost didn't use this stamp) so I just printed the sentiment on my computer. The piece that the hen is stamped on was a left-over piece from a die I used. I mounted the hen and sentiment on foam squares.

For this last card for today, I used the pig, the grass and a sentiment. I stamped the pig and added grass by his/her feet. I used Copic markers to color. I used a new border die to cut the bottom edge of the pig and its matting, and mounted on foam squares. The background was made with the sentiment stamp and also the grass, which I stamped in green.

I was asked a question about this card: Daisy Die Cut. Here is your answer, Hanny:) The folder is from Cuttlebug. It's a 5 x 7 inch folder called "Kitchen Weave."

Also regarding the same card, in answer to a question from Digital Chick: the cardstock that I embossed was textured cardstock with a white core/center. After embossing, I used a sanding block to lightly sand it down. The sanding block that I have came from Stampin' Up! several years ago. It's about one inch square and about five inches long. It has a sanding surface on all four sides. I'm sure you can use one designed for other purposes- just make sure to do it lightly.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, fun set, fun cards! This must be quite a bit older. Very homespun. Those critters are so cute with a little bit of color, and I love the background you made for the third card. Tee hee! They make me giggle!

Patti H. said...

Thanks for giving me the inspiration to use all my older SU sets. They r still awesome & deserve some live. Your creations are wonderful & I look fwd to seeing what u have created with each post. I wanted to tell you a substitute for the SU sanding block for anyone that doesn't have one. My friend brought me a rectanglar white block from the dollar store manicure supplies. It works great & has 4 sides so lasts quite a while.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Those are such fun cards. The sentiments are so cute!